IB Candidacy to Authorization school readiness
The International Baccalaureate (IB) offers a continuum of international education through challenging, high quality educational programmes to students aged 3 to 19.
- Primary Years Programme (PYP) for Grades Nursery to V
- Middle Years Programme (MYP) for Grades VI to X
- Diploma Programme (DP) for Grades XI to XII
In order to become an IB World School, a school must be authorized by the IB to offer one or more IB programmes.
STEPS IN IB AFFILIATION PROCESS
Step 1 - Consideration Phase(0-30 Days)
- Schools conveys expression of interest for IBPYP and provide basic contact information via the Indication of interest form.
- School administrator/ Principal register and attends the mandatory category 1 workshop
- School receives invoice for application for candidacy and starts drafting the application
Step 2 - Request for Candidacy(30-60 days)
- School pays Application for candidacy fee
- Submit application for candidacy
Step 3 - IB Decision on Candidacy(60-90 Days)
- Candidacy status granted
Step 4 - Candidacy Phase(One year of trial teaching) (90-365 Days)
- School gets candidacy and consultation services fee invoice
- School pays candidacy and consultancy fee and start one year of trial teaching
- School gets consultant, 2 day on site visit, 20 hours of remote consultancy
- All PYP staff takes mandatory Cat 1 workshop calculated for 10 participants
- School closes Consultancy after one year of trial teaching
Step 5 - Authorization Phase(365-515 Days)
- Opens application for authorization Pay Candidacy and application for authorization services fee
- School gets verification visit, and gets authorised for IBPYP Programme
- School pays annual authorization fee and every year thereafter.
What are permissions required for school to get IB Affiliation
Unlike CBSE & ICSE Affiliation requirements which requires the school take NOC from the state government, IB school only requires the school to be recognised by district education department, which means if the school has permission to run a state government affiliated school then it is automatically eligible to apply for IB Affiliation. However prescribed documents required for school permission such as Society/Trust/Section 8 Company registration, Suitable land for education purpose & Rightful ownership of land in terms of lease/ownership has to complied with.
What are documents required for school to get IB Affiliation?
- State Government recognition certificate
- Fire Safety Certificate
- Building Safety/Stability Certificate
- Health & Sanitation Certificate (* These are basic entry level documents for eligibility purpose)
What is the minimum land requirement for IB Affiliation?
Generally there is no defined land size for IB affiliation process but as mentioned above the land requirements shall comply with state compliances as state recognition has to be taken for IB affiliation process.