IB Candidacy to Authorization school readiness
The International Baccalaureate (IB) offers a continuum of international education through challenging, high quality educational programmes to students aged 3 to 19.
- Primary Years Programme (PYP) for Grades Nursery to V
- Middle Years Programme (MYP) for Grades VI to X
- Diploma Programme (DP) for Grades XI to XII
In order to become an IB World School, a school must be authorized by the IB to offer one or more IB programmes.
STAGES IN IB AFFILIATION PROCESS
Stage 1 - Consideration Phase(0-30 Days)
- Schools conveys expression of interest for IBPYP and provide basic contact information via the Indication of interest form.
- School administrator/ Principal register and attends the mandatory category 1 workshop
- School receives invoice for application for candidacy and starts drafting the application
Stage 2 - Request for Candidacy(30-60 days)
- School pays Application for candidacy fee
- Submit application for candidacy
Stage 3 - IB Decision on Candidacy(60-90 Days)
- Candidacy status granted
Stage 4 - Candidacy Phase(One year of trial teaching) (90-365 Days)
- School gets candidacy and consultation services fee invoice
- School pays candidacy and consultancy fee and start one year of trial teaching
- School gets consultant, 2 day on site visit, 20 hours of remote consultancy
- All PYP staff takes mandatory Cat 1 workshop calculated for 10 participants
- School closes Consultancy after one year of trial teaching
Stage 5 - Authorization Phase(365-515 Days)
- Opens application for authorization Pay Candidacy and application for authorization services fee
- School gets verification visit, and gets authorised for IBPYP Programme
- School pays annual authorization fee and every year thereafter.